The TSP Retirement PivotTM Workshop
Throughout your career, saving and investing in your TSP has been the focus. Now that you're approaching retirement, you'll need to shift your focus from saving to withdrawals. We call it The TSP Retirement PivotTM.
This livestream workshop takes the complexity out of these retirement decisions. Compassionate, common-sense explanations and lots of sample calculations show you how you can adjust your focus for a satisfying investment and withdrawal plan, including income taxes. We’ll also help you to understand how the recent TSP Modernization ACT, SECURE Act and CARES act can impact your retirement nest egg in 2020 and beyond.
You'll learn how to evaluate your options and select the one(s) that can help you achieve security, flexibility and independence in retirement in a supportive educational environment with NO annuity or financial selling. You'll be poised to "cross the finish line" with a greater confidence and solid resources to refer back to time and time again.
- Exactly how TSP fits into your FERS retirement benefits seamlessly—and why using the '3-legged stool' analogy could be a big mistake
- The TSP Retirement PivotTM: going from the savings phase to investing for the 20+ year withdrawal phase
- How to evaluate your TSP funds to help make sure they’re aligned with the withdrawal schedule your retirement is counting on—including the newest L Funds
- Analyze how the FERS and Social Security COLA may fall short, and the burden put on TSP as a result
- Understand how the TSP Modernization Act, SECURE Act and CARES Act each impact your financial decisions
- All about the mandatory withdrawals you'll have to take from TSP—Required Minimum Distributions—including when they start and how the calculation works each year
- How to factor in the cost of income taxes on your withdrawals
- Compare your options and clarify the advantages and disadvantages of staying at TSP vs. IRA rollover
- Identify potential tax advantages of TSP
- Develop a plan of action for your retirement savings before you turn in your official retirement paperwork
Plus, there’s lots of live, one-on-one Q & A with the instructor, so you can get all your questions answered.
Module 1: [The FERS 7] How TSP fits into your retirement plan
Module 2: [TSP Investments] The TSP Retirement Pivot
Module 3: [TSP Withdrawals] + The TSP Modernization Act
Module 4: [RMD Calculations] + The SECURE Act + The CARES Act
Module 5: [TSP + Income Taxes] Avoiding hidden costs
Module 6: [The Trade-Offs] TSP vs. IRA: What's the catch?
Module 7: [Wrap Up] TSP's forms: A walk through
Module 8: [Get Answers] Live Q & A: Ask almost anything
The replay of livestream will be available in the online portal for three months.
December 17, 2020
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM Pacific
6:00 PM - 9:00 PM Central
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern
Computer / Smart Phone / Tablet
Device Speaker or Conference Line
90-Day Video Replay Access
What people are saying
"You can do and redo it at your own speed. The tools and links are invaluable. The instructor was super and very approachable!!!"
Virtual training student
Kelly L. Monroe
Founder, FERS Blueprint Retirement Planning System; Retirement Benefits Trainer for 10+ years; author for Fedsmith; as a financial advisor conducted over 2300 retirement consultations
100% Money Back Guarantee
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will promptly refund your money plus $10 for coffee, no questions asked, if the email request is made within 7 days of the first livestream date. Send an email to: [email protected].
No Financial Selling
No hidden sales agenda for annuities or financial products or other services. We will NEVER offer, nor sell, nor suggest any financial products.
FERS Blueprinttm is an educational division of The Monroe Team, Inc. DUNS Number: 032 057260. CAGE Code: 735L3. NAICS Code: 611710 Educational Support Services. Woman-owned, small business.
FERS Blueprinttm is not affiliated with, endorsed or sponsored by the Federal Government or any US Government agency. FERS Blueprinttm is educational only. No specific financial, retirement nor tax advice is being offered. The material presented is as current as possible, but is necessarily generalized. Facts and opinions are based on research and experience, but are not endorsed by the Federal Government. It is recommended to consult with your personnel office and/or the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Retirement Office, Thrift Savings Plan, Social Security, Medicare, Internal Revenue Service, your legal, tax and/or other advisor(s).